News & Events
No Stone Left Alone receives Gold Award at the 20th Annual Duncan and Craig Laurel Award Luncheon.
Join us for our Remembrance ceremonies: Thurs, Nov 6, 2014. Click here for info.
Local poppy campaign receives $7,000 boost.
View our Media Press Kit for stories & articles.
We are delighted to announce that His Honour, Colonel (Retired) the Honourable Donald S. Ethell, OC OMM AOE MSC CD LLD, Lieutenant Governor of Alberta and Her Honour will be attending our Remembrance Ceremony Main Event at Beechmount Cemetery on Thurs, Nov 6, 2014.
For more information on our Remembrance ceremonies, click here.
To educate, respectfully remember, act and honour all
soldiers' headstones in November with the Legion
symbol of remembrance, the poppy.
- Today more soldiers are engaged in offshore duty than any time in Canadian postwar history.
- There are approximately 105,000 soldiers buried in Canadian soil and with the world in constant conflict, this number is sure to grow.
- In WWI, 619,936 men and women served, 400,000 of whom fought overseas
- 66,655 soldiers lost their lives in WWI, and 172,950 were wounded
- Nearly one of every ten Canadians who fought in WWI did not return
- During WWI, Canadian John McCrae, a doctor serving in the Canadian Artillery, wrote the poem "In Flanders Fields" while on the battlefield
- More than one million Canadians served in the WWII and approximately 45,000 gave their lives
- By the end of WWII, Canada's Navy with more than 113,000 personnel included approximately 7000 women
- More than 26,000 Canadians served in Korean War
To educate, respectfully remember, act and honour all soldiers' headstones in November with the Legion symbol of remembrance, the poppy.learn more...
We are striving to educate our future generations of the significance of a peaceful country and for the necessity of a future that comes with freedom.learn more...
Their acts of bravery gave us our freedom, your contribution shows them your gratitude.learn more...
Text NOSTONE to 20222 to make a $10 donation to the No Stone Left Alone Memorial Foundation.